Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Qur'an Related, - Uthman's (ra) martyrdom



Ibn 'Adi and Ibn 'Asakir narrated from Anas, who said: "The Messenger of Allah said: "O Uthman, you will be given the caliphate after me, but the hypocrites will want you to renounce it. Do not renounce, it but fast on that day so that you break your fast with me." 93
Al-Tabarani and al-Bayhaqi narrated from Zayd ibn Arqam, who said: The Prophet (saas) sent me out, saying: "Go and see Abu Bakr. You will find him sitting inside his house wrapped up in his cloak with his legs drawn up. Give him the glad tidings of the Garden. Then go to the mountain until you find 'Umar riding a donkey and his tall frame looming in the distance. Give him the glad tidings of the Garden. Then go to 'Uthman, whom you will find in the market selling and buying, and give him the glad tidings of the Garden after a harrowing ordeal." I went and found them as the Messenger of Allah had said, and I told them. 94
Al-Tabarani narrated from Zayd ibn Thabit, who said that he heard the Prophet (saas) say: "Uthman passed by me while one of the angels was with me, and the latter said: 'This is a martyr whose people will kill him. We are shy of him.'" 95

No comments:

Post a Comment