Sunday, April 20, 2014

General Articles, - Qur'an Related, - What Happened While the Prophet (saas) Was Receiving Revelation



Allah tells us that He told our Prophet (saas) to get up in the night and prepare to receive a revelation, a"weighty Word":
The hadiths inform us about how extraordinary it is to receive a revelation and of the marvellous spiritual things the Prophet (saas) experienced in his room. We learn that when the revelations came, those who were with him heard a sound like a bee buzzing around his face. Sahih al-Bukhari states:
Aisha narrated: "Al-Harith ibn Hisham asked the Prophet (saas): 'How does the revelation come to you?' He replied: 'In all of that the angel comes to me, sometimes with a voice that resembles the sound of a ringing bell. When this state abandons me, I remember what the angel has said. This type of revelation is the hardest on me. Sometimes the angel comes to me in the shape of a man and talks to me, and I understand and remember what he says.'" 3
Aisha narrated: "I saw the Prophet (saas) receive revelation on a very cold day and noticed the sweat dropping from his forehead." 4
Zayd ibn Thabit narrated: "I wrote down Allah's revelations to the Prophet (saas). When the revelation came to him, he felt a great weariness and had beads of sweat like pearls. When the state of revelation ended, he recited and I would write." 5
Abu Hurayrah narrated: "When the revelation came from Allah to the Prophet (saas), it was as if he had fainted." 6
Footnotes
1. Sahih Al-Bukhari, vol. 9, book 87, hadith no. 111
2. Sahih Al-Bukhari
3. Al-Bukhari
4. Al-Bukhari and al-Tirmidhi
5. At-Tabarani
6. Abu Nu'aym

No comments:

Post a Comment